Hurricane Harvey Response
Fellowship Bible Church is partnering with EFCA, Evangelical Free Churches of America, ReachGlobal Crisis Response team in a planned response to the devastation along the Gulf Coast.
EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response is currently in Texas reaching out to churches within the area of impact, of which includes 45 EFCA churches. At present, efforts are being coordinated by ReachGlobal with the assistance of District Superintendent Bob Rowley, and the churches in the EFCA Texas-Oklahoma District. Specific areas of focus include Houston, Corpus Christi, and Galveston.
Join the response efforts:
- For the many churches and families affected by the devastation, as they face the uncertainty of what lies ahead.
- For our EFCA family of churches as they process how to share Christ’s love, to many who are hurting, with wisdom in how to respond following the storm.
- For all who are in positions of leadership as they assess the storm’s impact and determine next steps.
If you would like to be a part of our prayer chain, or have specific prayers concerns related to Hurricane Harvey, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The path of Hurricane Harvey has left many coastal areas in ruin. The devastation is significant. It will take months, possibly years, to restore the lives of those affected. As part of an on-going response, volunteers and donations will be needed long term. Fellowship Bible is assessing how to best fill this need of “hands and feet” on the ground in the upcoming days and weeks. In the meantime, we ask that if you would like to volunteer immediately, please assist the organizations that are presently deploying volunteers in the impacted areas. Fellowship will be providing updates about opportunities to serve, as they become available.
- Many are asking, how can I financially give to the recovery efforts? We encourage you to invest financially to assist the families affected by this hurricane by assisting ReachGlobal with the ongoing crisis response outreach by giving online or by check mailed to:
901 East 78th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55420-1300
Designate in the memo: Hurricane Harvey Response -39694
Thank you for your generous response.