What is Stephen Ministry?
At Fellowship Bible, Stephen Ministry equips laypeople to provide one-to-one Christian care to people in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry. The identity of those receiving care and everything they discuss with a Stephen Minister remain private.
A Stephen Minister is...
- A child of God who walks beside someone who is hurting.
- A congregation member who is carefully selected to serve in this role because of his or her caregiving gifts.
- A layperson with 50 hours of training in providing high-quality, distinctively Christian care.
- A caring Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who meets faithfully each week with his or her care receiver for as long as there's a need.
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times
We all experience challenges in life--times when we could benefit from care and support. Stephen Ministers can provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as--
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or a job crisis
- A terminal illness
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident or disaster
- Many other of life's challenges
If you could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister, or if you know someone who might benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister contact our Care Ministries Director, Theresa Emerson, at: email@example.com.
Would you like to know more about Stephen Ministry? Watch the brief video below
to hear from some of our current Stephen Ministers about how being a part of this
ministry has impacted their lives and the lives of others.