By Grant Kaul, Senior Pastor
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
Dependence upon God assures us of His guidance in life.
If we are following Jesus, we truly want His leadership in our life. However, the question we face is, “How does the unseen God direct the lives of His people?” How can believers in Christ truly have confidence in His divine guidance?
Proverbs 3:5-6 presents to us this timeless principle: Dependence upon God assures us of His guidance in life.
I have found the following practices to be of great value in seeking to be actively dependent upon God, and I pass it on to you so that you may do the same with others:
Dependence upon God is:
- Learning to have my way of life daily shaped by the Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Letting go of my will by yielding to God’s will. (Luke 22:42)
- Looking to God as I pray during the day. (Colossians 4:2)
- Listening to wise counsel before making big decisions. (Proverbs 13:10)
- Living by faith in Christ, as one being filled with His Spirit. (Ephesians 5:18-21)
- Leaving the results to God as I move forward by faith. (1 Cor. 3:6-7)
Though we cannot see God, we can experience His leading as we follow His precepts and are filled with His presence. He will lead. The question is, are we willing to follow by faith?