Dear Church Family –
As you are likely aware, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak that first started in Wuhan, China but has now spread internationally, including to the United States. Given news like this it is understandable that we might be concerned, so we want to share how Fellowship is preparing for any potential spread to our area.
We know that God is in control and we encourage you to join us in asking for continued protection of our church family and surrounding community, and for God to end the spread of this disease. Pray with us for Godâ€™s healing of all those affected, for Godâ€™s peace for the victims and their families, and open doors for the good news of the gospel to reach those who are without Christ in the midst of this time of uncertainty.
It is important to stay informed. We will continue to monitor the CDC website as well as the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District to ensure we are following best practices as this situation develops. As always, you can stay up to date with Fellowship news in multiple ways:
- Website: https://fellowshipwaco.org/
- Connection Email (Call our office if you are not receiving this newsletter and would like to, 254-848-7200)
- Social Media (@fellowshipwaco)
- Sermon Streaming Online: https://vimeo.com/fellowshipwaco
Please know that all year, especially during flu season, we take several steps to keep our campus clean:
- Expecting all staff to stay home when sick
- Cleaning and sanitizing common surfaces weekly
- Making hand sanitizer available throughout the church campus
- Asking that church attendees and volunteers stay home when sick and not return for 24 hours after fever or illness
In addition to these normal procedures, we are coordinating additional times within each ministry area to clean and disinfect throughout the week as an extra precaution.
In His Service,
â€œLiving out the LIFE we have in Christ.â€