Update 3; March 13 2020
Dear Fellowship Bible Church Family –
In light of advice from local health professionals, updates from state and national agencies, as well as recent steps implemented by local school districts, we have prayerfully decided to temporarily suspend all meetings on our church campus through Friday, March 27th. Because we love our church and our community, we are taking this preventative action to help mitigate the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus locally. It is important that we work with our community to help “flatten the curve” of COVID-19. As we learn more information in the days ahead, we will continue to communicate what we think is the wisest course of action going forward.
What we need to know:
- Our Sunday worship services on March 15 and March 22 will be online only at 10:45 am. Please join us in worship by streaming from our Facebook or Vimeo accounts at that time:
- All ministry events, including Wednesday activities are postponed through Friday, March 27th.
- At present, we plan on having our office remain open during our normal hours from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
What we can do:
- Pray. We are praying, instead of panicking. We know that God is in control and we encourage you to join us in asking for God’s continued protection of our church family, and for God to bring about an end to the spread of this disease. Pray with us for God’s healing of those who are infected, for God’s peace for the victims and their families, and for open doors for the good news of the gospel to reach those who are without Christ in the midst of this trial.
- Walk daily with God and cultivate your faith in Him.
- Find ways to connect with people in your small groups and people that God brings to mind. If you have a need, please reach out.
- Be looking for ways you can share and show the love of Christ to the people in our community.
- Continue to worship through giving. Many in our congregation already give their gifts and offerings through electronic means. If you would like to give your financial gifts online, you can do so at https://fellowshipwaco.org/giving. As always you can mail in your regular offering or drop it off at the church office. Our regular expenses will continue, and our staff will be working hard to serve the Lord and His body of believers.
How to stay up to date with Fellowship news:
- Church Website: https://fellowshipwaco.org/
- Connection Newsletter & Prayer Chain Email (Please call our office if you are not receiving these and would like to.)
- Church Community Builder (CCB) is a place to connect with one another and in groups at https://fellowshipwaco.org/resources-and-tools/church-community-builder/
- Social Media: @fellowshipwaco (Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter, links available on website)
- Live sermon streaming and past videos online: https://vimeo.com/fellowshipwaco
- Office Main Phone Line: 254-848-7200
This is new territory for all us. Yet, our faith is in Christ who will lead, guide and provide for His people in the days ahead. As we began this year focusing on our mission of LIFE Together, this unforeseen set of circumstances provides us a powerful and unique opportunity to live our faith in Christ for His glory.
Thanking Him for you,
Grant for the Elder Team
“Living out the LIFE we have in Christ.”