Foundational to a growing relationship with God is knowing who Jesus is.
“He said to them, ‘But who do you say that I am?’ Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.'” Matthew 16:15-16
“Who is Jesus?” This is the ultimate question in life. Foundational to a growing relationship with God is knowing who Christ is. Highlighted below are five reasons we know that Jesus is truly God, and that there is no one like Him.
The deity of Jesus is established by the following:
- His miraculous birth. The eternal God the Son entered into humanity, being born of a virgin, through the power of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18-25).
- His life on earth. The messages, miracles, ministry all demonstrate His deity.
- His death and resurrection. The sinless King who was crucified for sinners and who was resurrected three days later, authenticates to the world that Jesus is indeed God
- His fulfillment of prophesy. Of the 333 distinct promises concerning God’s deliverer and Messiah, more than 100 of them were generally fulfilled at the first coming of Christ
- His continuing ministry. Jesus Christ continues to transform lives by dwelling in those who believe in Him and develops genuine spiritual maturity in the lives of His disciples
The deity of Jesus will one day be seen by every person who has ever lived (Philippians 2:5-11). However, the amazing grace of God is that we who are trusting Christ worship Him today for who He truly is.